How are they all caught?
Click here to learn about the many different fishing methods!
THE GOOD CATCH PROJECT
is just a starting point to understanding seafood sustainability. Delve into other resources if you want to find out more. Stay up-to-date on advice, events, news and issues with the Fish-Flash e-bulletin
By improving your own seafood sourcing you are already leading by example, but you can also encourage wider progress by influencing seafood practices, management and policy. There are many ways to do this, and what works for you will depend on your own strengths and connections.
Ideas to drive further sustainability advances include:
- Using your voice to be a spokesperson for sustainable seafood choices, such as in the media, amongst fellow chefs and with chef associations you are part of.
- Supporting campaigns asking for fisheries and aquaculture management to be more environmentally responsible.
- Encouraging suppliers and producers to improve and document environmental performance, and make this sustainability information fully available.
- Cultivating responsibility in the next generation of chefs by working with trainees and catering colleges.
- Contacting your government representative to support policy and rule making for a healthy seafood supply and oceans.
Go to Start Improving